I'll Be There For You When You Need Me

Monday, December 20, 2004

19th December

Juz woke up! Writing this entry for 19th Dec 04. Yesterady, all of us had the full day to ourselves, we didn't have to work & was supposedly going down to Chiangrai City to get something for our host family. I chose to stay in the village, getting Renzhen & Evan to get stuff for the family. It's really nice & quiet, calm & peaceful when you have the "whole" village to yourself - not all actually juz that fewer people are left in the village so it seems that I own more of the village.

After bathing & packing, I proceeded to Ashley's place for lunch with Lihui, Shihui, Ashley, Huikeng, & Choon Hong. Choon cooked fried rice for us (nt bad!) & we also cooked instant noodles to fill our stomachs. Our afternoon is pretty simple - have a simple lunch together, playing cards & packing up. Late noon, after the rest bathed, they came over to my place to play cards & snack, all this lasted till the rest of the team came back from the city.

I was happy when I saw them back with the things they bought, so excited to give it to them. Everything was good, we talked, no tension (maybe the letter I wrote to her earlier on wouldn't serve it's purpose anymore). We packed the food neatly & gathered our clothes for them. At this pt I'm having mixed feelings - I miss my home & yet I'm gonna miss this home & its surroundings. But life will still move on. After these packings, we changed to our Oracle shirts. We took pictures with our host family & Na-sor too! Then, thinking we wouldn't meet them for dinner, we gave the stuff we bought to them. I could tell that they were happy yet sad. Me too! Without thinking, Na-sor's mum took a ball of white string & tied it round our wrist, with the granny & dad following suit. It's a blessing to us, such that when we leave Ban Yafu, we'll prosper & be safe. I admit I teared, them too! We become part of the family.

Dinner was at the info-centre that we built. Seeing this place bustling with people feels different & I'm so happy that we're having dinner altogether (we withour host family with the rest of the host's family) under the roof that the team have helped built. A feeling of pride & pure happiness, hoping what we have done will definitely help the village.

A dance was specially prepared for us near the "long-bench". I joined in it's fun. The dance steps started with the simple steps, & it gradually advanced to a pt where I juz followed blindly. We engaged them in the "friendship-dance" too! They had fun. After the fire ceased, the dancing stopped, photos were taken. Ha! What pure joy this is.

Coz this was the last night in Ban Yafu. Most wanted a "Ho-ho-ho" session. Juzcards playing, playing 7-up & drinking. P. Surachay & Tonn were drunk, super high. Very funny too! Had to drink Scotch Whiskey - BLEARGH! After all this fun, Huikeng & I went home to find Renzhen & Evan still awake! We talked for a while more before all of us slept.

Now...after this writing, I'll home to get ready to leave. Mixed feelings - I dun like this feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home